Finding a good product to sell when trying to earn passive income can be difficult, but it’s important to your success. There are literally thousands of products to choose from and the competition amongst sellers can be fierce.
Pin this for later:
Finding a niche and product is the most difficult part of affiliate marketing.
Follow these steps when choosing an affiliate product:
- Find something that interests you. Avoid choosing a single affiliate product, developing a web page, and then starting all over again with a totally different product. Instead, consider creating a series of websites and products within the same niche.
- Think about what interests you. Is there a topic on which you’d consider yourself to be an expert?
- Since you’ll be spending a lot of time on your niche, choose something you like that could also be profitable.
- A good niche will have multiple products available. Give your customers some choices. If you’re selling diet products, give them several to choose from. You can link your websites together and create your own little community.
- Check out the competition. There will be others trying to sell the same products as you. Search online and see how stiff the competition is. Most affiliate programs have a metric that describes how well a product is selling. Ideally, you would want to find some products that are selling well but have minimal competition.
- Think about the timeframe. Based on the level of competition, create a timeframe for success. Avoid picking something that requires more time and effort than you have.
- Be concerned about the sales page. Even a fantastic product is difficult to sell without a great sales page. Though it’s possible to create your own sales page, it’s easier to send prospects to the one provided by the company that creates the product.
- Ask yourself if the page looks professional and makes you interested in owning the product yourself.
- Look at the payout. How much will you be making per sale? How many sales do you estimate? Some products sell for $10, while others can sell for over $1,000. The commissions can range from 1% to 75% or more.
- Does the product have staying power? Some products morph over time. For instance, Apple releases a new iPhone every year or so. A good passive income product won’t require you to rebuild your marketing machine each year. There are products that have been sold for many years in the exact same format.
- Evaluate your results. Any decent affiliate product site will allow you to evaluate your web traffic. If you’re getting others to come to your affiliate sales page, but no one is buying, you either need a new sales page or a different product.
- It’s possible that those who visit your site are looking for information, rather than looking to make a purchase.
- Find a way to entice those who are coming to your site, but aren’t clicking on your links.
Choosing good products is the first step to becoming an effective affiliate marketer. A good product makes it much easier to be successful. Find a popular niche and good products. Before you know it, you’ll be making a killing in the world of affiliate marketing.
Which niche do you have?