Now you want to begin with your blog, but you are still a beginner? I’ve got you, that’s why is this guide made for you. I know that the beginning is always harder, trust me I’ve been there too. This is a short post about how you can start your blog in 3 steps, but if you want to know more enroll in the 5 days email course:
There are two hosting which I recommend, Bluehost and Siteground. But now in this post, I will guide you through the hosting service where you can start your blog only for $2.95/month. But if you more like to have your blog on Siteground read more about it here.
There are 3 easy steps to follow when it comes to setting up your blog:
- You have to choose your domain name and web hosting
- Install WordPress
- Install theme
1. Domain + Webhosting
Now to choose your domain is always a hard decision, but if you already know what you will write about (what your blog niche will be) then you could come up with the right one. If you want some help on how to choose the best domain name check out here.
Sign up with Bluehost step-by-step
Go to Bluehost (where you get my unique discount + free domain) and select your plan which you desire. My advice is, to begin with, the starter. You always have the opportunity to upgrade!
Enter your domain name, then click NEXT. Or if you already have a domain name just write it in section I HAVE A DOMAIN NAME.
Now is the part where you have to fill in the form or choose for sign in with Google account. There are 3 packages extras available to choose from, SiteLock Security, CodeGuard and Bluehost’s Seo Tool. While these are all useful I recommend SiteLock Security the most.
You have done your first step. Are you ready for the next one?
2. Install WordPress
WordPress is the most used blogging platform there is, this is where your content will be seen and read. While WordPress has his own hosting to provide your blog on I still recommend to use one of the other hostings.
But we are now at the process to step up WordPress on Bluehost.
Here is how to:
- Once you have your username and password you have to log in to your Cpanel.
- When you get in, click on Hosting and after that WordPress in the Website Builder section.
- Click on Install.
- Select your domain and click on Check Domain.
- Read the Terms and Conditions carefully after that check it and installing process can begin if you click on it.
- You can View Your Process after that click on View Credentials.
- You are done. It was not that hard isn’t?
- Now you can access your WordPress panel, just click on the Admin URL where you will find your WordPress dashboard.
- Login with the username and password which you have created setting up WordPress.
If you don’t have the time to set up your blog, I have great news for you. If you purchase one of the plans via my link I will set up your blog for FREE. For more info read here.
3. Install your theme
Now you can choose either for a free theme, which is fine or paid. If you go for a free theme just search on WordPress Appearance > Themes > Add new
But if you decide to go invest in one is better, cause it has more features, looks pro and more customizable.
Here are some sites where you purchase one:
Now you build your blog successful and ready to fill it up with content, but you have still a lot the learn so why not enroll in my free blog course. This free course is more detailed and hopes it’s helpful too.